April 14, 2014

Haul: Sephora, Target and Outlet Shopping!


Less than a week after a discussion in class about compulsive behaviors, including shopping, I go on a spending spree. But I maintain that I do not have a problem. All of this is totally justifiable...and necessary. Ok, maybe not necessary but I got some insane deals.



First up: Sephora

I took advantage of the 15% off sale and bought a couple items I had been wanting to try. Usually it's hard for me to justify a Sephora purchase since I have backups upon backups of everything. But I didn't have any mascara primers so I chose the Lancome Cils Booster XL. At the time I ordered, they were offering a free Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum mini with a $25 purchase so I got to try two of the top rated mascara primers. I also picked the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel, and Caudalie Grape Water. I also received this year's birthday gift, a Make Up For Ever mini lipstick and mini mascara along with a few samples I already used up.

 I've been using the Caudalie Grape Water and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream for a few days and I like both of them. Very few ingredients and not irritating to my skin. My one issue is that the cream doesn't have SPF and since I use it in the mornings, I have to make sure to apply SPF. As for the Diorshow lash primer, I felt that there wasn't much product on the brush and I'm not sure if that's due to it being a sample size or if that's just how it is. Hopefully the Lancome lash primer will be better.

I included the Lancome x Alber Elbaz mascara in this picture by mistake. I actually purchased that at the outlets about a month ago. But it was only $11 so a great deal!


Next up: Target

Seems like my Target store is having a massive beauty clearout. Everything was marked down to 70% off. Some of this stuff I was stalking since it was 50% off and it took all my willpower not to just buy everything. (Believe it or not, I did put some items back)


The Sonia Kashuk brushes were hit and miss. The ones with the green handles were pretty soft but half the ones with the gold handles were disappointingly rough. Especially in light of how soft her other brushes are. I have brushes from both the ergonomic, pricier line and the cheaper line with white handles and they are all quite soft and good quality.



I swatched one of the eyeshadows and it seemed quite pigmented and stayed on my hand until I washed it off. You may notice from the picture that I bought 4 of the Sonia Kashuk loose powders. Yes, they are all the same shade. They were only $2.98 each and you can never have too many loose powders, right? Have not tried the lipstick yet but it was pretty and at $4, I could always use a good red lipstick in my collection.

The Boots line were more impulse buys. The moisturizer was only $2.08 so while I really don't need it, it's worth trying out. The scar serum was only $2.34 and I have some stretch marks on my butt (sorry if TMI) from my growth spurt so I figured it was worth a try. I won't be too upset if it does nothing. And the blemish serum was $5.08...again, not a necessity but worth trying and I love serums. The foundation will be going back as it's labeled as "sheer finish" and I already have too many foundations.

Also bought some nail polish at $1.43 a bottle. Just tried one of the Sonia Kashuk ones and the pigmentaion is pretty good and it's a gorgeous copper color. The lipstick from Covergirl was $1.73. I've used it a few times and I like the color, decent pigmentation and good staying power. And rounding out the miscellaneous items are a mirror with 10x magnification that is great for when I'm tweezing my eyebrows ($1.24) and an eyeliner brush ($0.68). Overall very happy with my purchase...*happy dance*


Last but not least: Loft Outlet

Hit the motherload at Loft. While their clothing deals weren't spectacular, they had great deals on jewelry. All their regular priced jewelry was an additional 50% off. I saw an adorable turtle pendant necklace (pictured above) and just couldn't resist. Their sale jewelry, marked down to various prices, were all either $5 or extra 20% off the price if it was already marked lower than $5. All the items other than the turtle pendant ranged from $2-5. Insane! *more happy dancing*



Excuse the poor lighting but in case you don't believe me about the prices...
Since this is a haul, I figured I'd tack on this necklace I ordered from Rue La La last week. I'd seen it a couple times and had a $25 credit to use up so I went ahead and bought it. Of course this was before I bought the Loft jewelry...not sure I'd have bought it if I'd visited Loft before seeing this but oh well. Still a gorgeous and unique piece.



Also bought a blazer from the Banana Republic that I will insert a picture of later.

No comments:

Post a Comment