April 14, 2014

Review: Lush Fresh Face Mask in Love Lettuce


My second experience with a Lush Fresh Face Mask was a bit mixed. I decided to try the Love Lettuce mask, described as a "balancing mask for all skin types".

Like the Brazened Honey mask (see review here), this mask also has ground almonds, kaolin clay and honey. However I didn't detect any honey scent. While the Brazened Honey mask was, I believe, supposed to be more exfoliating than this one, I found that this one irritated my skin more. I noticed after using it that my skin was redder and splotchier than normal and towards the end of the pot, I experienced some itchiness on my face. I should note that while I did begin using 2 other new products, the itching diminished after I finished the pot. Despite this, I enjoyed the mask. I just don't think it's best suited for my skin and for that reason, I will most likely not be repurchasing. I got about 15 uses out of this mask, so slightly less than the average 21 uses out of the Brazened Honey mask.

Bonus tip: Bring 5 empty tubs back to Lush and you get a free fresh face mask!


From the Lush website: Love Lettuce is our exfoliating ground almond mask that scoops up dirt, oil and debris and washes it all away. Exfoliation is an important part of good skincare, as it removes the buildup of dead skin that can clog your pores and cause impurities. Love Lettuce is a great example of how just a few ingredients can make a fresh, effective product for the skin. We blend calming French lavender oil with seaweed and honey to nourish and soften skin, and to balance oily T-zones.

At a Glance

Rating: 8/10
Cost: $6.95
Size: 2.1oz
Pros: gentle exfoliation
Cons: must be refrigerated, short shelf life
Repurchase?: Probably not

No comments:

Post a Comment