March 21, 2014

Review: Lush Fresh Face Mask in Brazened Honey

I cannot say enough good things about this mask. After hearing about Lush's fresh face masks for years, I finally decided to try them. Brazened Honey was recommended to me by one of the sales associates so I picked it up, went home, and within a week, bought another pot. 

For those who may not be familiar, these masks must be kept in the fridge and have a 3 week expiration, hence why you cannot order them online. However one of the SAs told me that it was like food; as long as it looks and smells fine, it's still good. I wanted to get a second pot as I was nearing the end of my winter break and there are no Lush shops in Iowa. 

I used this every night, applying a thin layer on my face after cleansing. This does have ground almonds for exfoliation so it may not be recommended for everyone to use everyday but I found my skin could handle it. Even using it every day, a tub still lasted me about 3 weeks. At 2.1oz for $6.95, this is pricier than most drugstore exfoliants but still much cheaper than high end exfoliants. And considering how happy my skin was with this, I think it's well worth the price. I kept both tubs in the fridge the entire time and didn't have any issues with it spoiling, even though one of the tubs had been expired for almost 3 weeks by the time I used it up. They did get a bit dry towards the end but I would just dip my fingers into a bit of water and smooth it on my face and it worked perfectly. The website also states to leave this on for about 10 minutes and not let it dry but I would sometimes leave it on for much longer and didn't notice any adverse effects. My skin was noticeably softer after using this. Honey, as the name might suggest, was the main scent and I loved it. I smelled some of the other masks and they had less pleasing scents. I am already planning my next purchase of this and while I do want to try the other fresh face masks, I think I will ask for a sample before buying a whole tub of it.

Bonus tip: Bring 5 empty tubs back to Lush and you get a free fresh face mask!

From the Lush website: "Brazened Honey was inspired by traditional Indian Ayurvedic principles, which put emphasis on balance as the foundation to health. Fresh free-range eggs and honey soften, lime oil brightens, spices warm the skin and ground almonds exfoliate. Kaolin clay reaches deep down into pores to pull out dirt and impurities, leaving your skin noticeably brighter and fresher. Our deepest cleansing mask, Brazened Honey is the perfect way to revive sluggish or congested skin."

At a Glance

Rating: 10/10
Cost: $6.95
Size: 2.1oz
Pros: gentle exfoliation, pleasant honey scent, leaves skin softer
Cons: must be refrigerated, short shelf life
Repurchase?: ABSOLUTELY

No comments:

Post a Comment